Many bed frames on the marketplace: tried and tested metal frames, platform bases, beds with storage. The list goes on. One of our favourites is the adjustable bed frame, which offers a personalized sleep experience and health benefits.
Table of Contents
Advantages of Adjustable Bed Bases
Before making the switch from a static to an adjustable bed, there are many things to consider. For example, do you sleep on your stomach? Do you have trouble sleeping? Do you like to watch Netflix and relax on the sofa or in bed?
These are some of the main advantages of adjustable bed bases:
- Relieve sleep apnea. Research shows that an elevated sleeping position can pointedly improve the effects of this sleep condition. But keep in mind that an adjustable bed mount is not a substitute for medical care – you should work with a doctor to manage this condition.
- Relieve acid reflux, asthma, or snoring. Simply sleeping upright can ease your symptoms.
- Relieve back pain. Adjustable beds improve spinal alignment, which means you can wake up pain-free.
- Stop insomnia. Adjustable beds put your body in the most comfortable and aligned position for a dream trip to bed.
- Improves circulation. Yes, really. Elevating your legs can improve circulation, which can help avoid cramps and blood clots.
Although the benefits are many, there are also some drawbacks to consider:
- Cost. Adjustable frames incline to be more expensive, especially if you want extra features like massage and temperature control.
- Mattress compatibility. Latex and memory foam mattresses are best suited for adjustable frames. You could have problems with a hybrid or spring mattress.
- Noise. Some rack motors are louder than others, so check the specs and user reviews before you buy.
Adjustable Foundation FAQs What is the Best type of Mattress for an Adjustable Bed?
Although most mattresses can be compatible with an adjustable frame, memory foam and latex mattresses work best. You can also opt for an adjustable air mattress (such as a Sleep Number) to adjust everything.
Hybrid and innerspring mattresses don’t always suggest the flexibility to fit correctly.
Pro Tip: Most manufacturers provide information on what types of mattresses are (and are not) compatible in the online frame production description.
Are Adjustable Beds Expensive?
Yes, they can be, especially if you want a larger size (queen or larger) and extra features like climate control, built-in USB ports, wireless capabilities, or other enhancements. For those on a budget (*raises hand*), many brands offer great sales throughout the year or payment plans to make shopping easy.
Are Adjustable Beds Worth it?
Like choosing a mattress, choosing a frame is a personal choice, and you have to decide if it’s worth it. Honestly, it depends on your needs. An adjustable bed may be worth the hefty price tag if you have a bad back, snore, sleep apnea, or acid reflux. However, those who aren’t looking for bells and whistles or prefer their usual bed may not want to invest.
Should I Buy an Adjustable Bed Base from the Same Company as my Mattress?
Not always. Although many brands try to sell you their mattresses, most adjustable frames can be used by any bed (at least any foam, latex, or hybrid). However, some structures (or their warranties) are only compatible with mattresses from the same company, so be sure to research exactly what type of mattress your chosen frame requires before buying.
Do we need Unique Bedding for an Adjustable Bed?
Usually, use standard sheets on an adjustable bed, but you’ll want to pin the bedding before adjusting, so the sheets stay put. You can tuck the edges of the sheets under the mattress, or you can opt for elastic “straps” for the sheets to give you more support.
What is a Split Adjustable Bed?
Split adjustable beds are accurately what they sound like: a bed split down the middle, allowing each half of the bed to be adjusted separately. Split choices are great for couples who have changed sleep wishes so that each person can customize their side to their liking.
Note that split options often only come in king and California king sizes, although some companies have a split queen.
How we Chose the Best Adjustable Bed Bases
We have searched high and low for the adjustable bed base of your dreams. Our top picks were chosen based on:
- Reputable and transparent manufacturers. Rest assured, we’ve carefully researched each mount we select to present you with quality options that are the stuff of sweet dreams, not nightmares.
- Generous product guarantees. Each of our picks offers a multi-year manufacturer’s warranty, so your nap time is covered well beyond the first night of use.
- Availability in various sizes.
- Positive consumer reviews. Those who use a product are those who know it best. We’ve combed the comments to see what actual users have to say to give you a realistic idea of what each framework can (and can’t) do.
- Variety of prices. Adjustable beds can be more expensive than a standard box spring, so we’ve searched a list of various fees, including budget options.
The Best Adjustable Bed Frame for Mobility Limitations
Amerisleep+ adjustable bed
- Features: Adjustable Leg Heights, 3 Customize Settings, Rolling Wave Massage, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, Wireless and App Remotes, LED Underbed Lighting, Built-in USB Ports
- Best for: Relieving symptoms of conditions like acid reflux, heartburn, and sleep apnea
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ has all the bells and whistles: a rolling wave massage feature, backlit wireless remote, Bluetooth mobile app control, and an integrated 4-port USB hub.
The American-made bed frame also uses “Wall Glide” technology, which moves the mattress back when the head of the bed is raised. This means that you will be bright to easily reach your nightstand with the head of the bed raised, making this an A+ option if you have any mobility limitations.
Reviewers praise Amerisleep’s ability to combat back pain and its high quality and comfort. They also say the frame helps relieve symptoms of certain conditions, such as sleep apnea and heartburn.
Adjustable Bed Base with the Best Features
Casper Rise Max Adjustable Base
- Features: entire body fit
- Best for: Relieving pressure and reducing snoring
Casper sells three adjustable mattresses: The Rise Adjustable Mattress, the Rise Pro Adjustable Mattress, and the Rise Max Adjustable Mattress. We think most people will fall in love with The Rise Max’s impressive lineup of features:
- preset positions (Zero-G and Anti-snoring)
- ability to save preferences
- wireless remote control
- four-zone massage
- under bed lighting
- alignment with the wall
The Easiest to Assemble Adjustable Bed Frame
Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame
- Features: 3-Zone Massage, Wireless Remote Control, Programmable Memory Settings, Zero Gravity, Integrated USB Ports
- Ideal for: couples, pressure relief, circulation improvement
Nectar’s adjustable frame features a three-zone massage function, a “zero gravity” position, and a unique TV recline setting, which users love. It also comes with wireless remote control and integrated USB ports.
Another fun bonus is that the frame is available in three different leg heights. Please choose the one that suits your space and preferences or adjust when you want to mix things up.
Adjustable Bed Base with the Best Guarantee
Tempur-Pedic Ease Power Base
- Features: wireless remote control, zero gravity
- Best for: reducing snoring, relieving sleep apnea symptoms
The Tempur-Pedic Ease Power Foundation is simple: personalized comfort for a solid sleep. This base model has fewer features than its counterparts, but users love its simplicity and accessible features. Plus, the wireless remote control, the classic zero-gravity setting, and a 25-year warranty.
For top features like sleep tracking, snore response, and massage, check out Tempur-Pedic’s other adjustable bed frames. The business has a variety of products depending on your budget.
The Easiest to use is an Adjustable Bed Frame
Some adjustable bed
- Features: One Touch Presets, Zero Gravity, Backlit Wireless Remote Control, Ultra-Quiet Motor, Can Be Used With Any Bed Base
- Best for: Relieving aches and pains
Zoma’s adjustable bed base is easy to set up *and* easy to use at night, thanks to a backlit wireless controller. Users are also excellent about the bed’s one-touch presets and ultra-quiet operation.
Our favorite part about this adjustable bed is its versatile design: Zoma builds this frame to work without legs, so you can attach it to your existing box spring or place it on the floor.
Adjustable Bed Frame with the Best Test Period
The Purple Ascent adjustable bed base
- Features: Reprogrammable presets (including anti-snoring and zero gravity), integrated USB ports, compatible with most bed frames, fully customizable head and foot sections, intuitive wireless remote control
- Best for: reducing snoring, providing customizable support, relieving pressure points
Purple’s adjustable base is fully customizable, meaning you can adjust it to your liking rather than choosing from a few preset positions.
Bonus: The height of the Power Base bed can be adjusted, which is great if you’re not vertically inclined or don’t have your head in the under-bed storage.
Like the Affordable, the Power Base is distinguished by its easy setup. The main complaint from critics was a remote control that sometimes fails, but iOS users can control the bed with a downloadable app.
And the best? Purple lets you try this bad boy out for 100 nights, which is the most extended trial period of any adjustable foundation on this list.
We hope you find this article informative. There are many adjustable bed frames on the market. Do your research and find an adjustable bed frame that fits your needs, preferences, and budget.